Every person desires to have youthful, healthy skin without bearing the pain of surgical procedures and buying expensive cosmetics. You can get your facial done at a salon or at home, where it’s more convenient, to vanish those wrinkles and sagging skin. So, let’s begin to explore this galvanic facial and its amazing benefits.
What is a Galvanic facial:
The galvanic facial is a type of facial that helps with skin rejuvenation. It is also known as “electro-dermabrasion.” It is an advanced skincare treatment that helps you attain flawless skin without going through painful surgeries or the insertion of needles. Dermatologists term it a “non-surgical facelift.”
A microcurrent is given to stimulate collagen production. The device is equipped with metal tips that look like rollers. The polarity of the skin care product is adjusted according to the equipment. The duration of procedure usually lasts 45 to 60 minutes, and the best thing about it is that it is quite painless.
Top 5 amazing benefits of galvanic facial :
Now let’s dive deep into the flawless galvanic facial benefits. Here are the top 5 benefits of galvanic facials that you must know.
1. Provides deep product delivery into the skin
If you’ve been using a variety of skin products to remove wrinkles, you may be wasting your time. The skin limits the absorption of practically all treatments applied directly to the pores; even the most costly skin care products will not improve the texture or tone of your skin.
Galvanic facial therapy offers safe and pain-free delivery to the treated area. The best practice is to perform a galvanic facial right after extraction (acne facial).
2. Removes wrinkles and acne
Fine lines and wrinkles develop around the mouth and eye areas, giving away a person’s age. A galvanic facial is highly beneficial in treating many facial conditions; ranging from acne to wrinkles. The electric currents help to tighten skin, removing wrinkles.
3. Boost blood circulation and oxygen levels
Galvanic facial stimulation elevates blood circulation by elevating oxygen levels. Improved blood circulation provides a glow, aids moisture retention, and removes toxins. It replaces old skin cells with new ones.
4. Improves elasticity
Your skin sags and loses its elasticity as you age or it can be due to stress. Galvanic facial therapy improves the elasticity and strength of the skin. It gives the skin a youthful appearance and slows the aging process.
5. Promotes skin health
All the toxins are flushed out by galvanic facials, promoting skin health. The dirt trapped inside the pores is extracted, which helps to reduce acne.
Galvanic facial side effects:
Some people observe mild pain during a galvanic facial, while others experience only a tingling effect. Receptivity to stimuli varies from person to person. Some people have a high pain threshold, whereas others are extraordinarily sensitive to even small stimuli. So it all depends on you and your physical state. The side effects of galvanic therapy include muscle soreness, mild skin irritation, and sometimes headaches.
Who should avoid having a galvanic facial:
- Those with a pacemaker implanted in their hearts.
- Those who are suffering from a cardiac ailment
- Pregnant women
- People with Cuts, abrasions, and wounds on the skin
- Acne with open pustules.
- Recent sunburn/windburn
- Headache or Migraine sufferers
- If you have dental fixtures, crowns, braces and amalgam fillings, or any other dental work.
- Diabetic patients
- If you have piercings on your body.
Seeking a doctor’s approval before any such treatment is crucial. A galvanic facial is a sort of professional skincare treatment that a qualified esthetician can only perform.
How long does a galvanic facial last?
The majority of galvanic treatments take only 10-15 minutes. However, they are sometimes paired with a comprehensive face treatment that can last up to an hour. You can receive a Galvanic facial every 4 to 6 weeks.
How to Perform a Galvanic Facial at Home?
Galvanic facials can be performed at home easily. The equipment and galvanic gel which you need for the galvanic facial are readily available in markets. It is recommended to visit a spa and get your facial done, but this can be extravagant. No worries! With a few cautions, you can do it at the ease of your home. Just follow these steps:
- The skin should be cleaned with suitable products and if using a cream-based product, no residue must be left. You can Cleanse your face with a cleanser and then pat dry your face.
- Apply a thick coating of galvanic gel to your skin as directed in the kit.
- The electronic device is placed against your face. Turn it on. Set a timer.
- After pressing the start button, move the machine’s end against the skin where you’ve put the gel.
- Circularly slide the instrument across your face. Begin with the brow and work your way down to the cheekbones, nose, and chin.
- Remove excess gel using a damp towel or moist cloth to wipe any residual gel off your face.
- Apply moisturizer.
- The machine should be properly checked and tested by a professional before use
- Galvanic burns can occur if the current intensity and duration of treatment are too high, or if skin sensitivity is not properly diagnosed.
- Instructions given on galvanic machine kits should be carefully read.
After a galvanic facial, your skin may feel softer, look brighter, and have a more even tone. Your skin may also be better able to absorb skincare products. The galvanic facial is a fantastic skincare technology with proven results. The benefits of galvanic facials are gaining popularity in the beauty sector.
The best thing about a galvanic facial is that you can conveniently perform it at the comfort level of your home. However, you should take the necessary precautions. Diabetic patients, patients with skin and heart diseases, pregnant women, and patients who have gone through dental treatments must avoid galvanic facials.
Have you ever had a galvanic facial? If so, how was your experience? Let me know in the comment section below!
Photo credit: Google
By RameenRecommended1 recommendationPublished in Uncategorized