Blue sapphire is a precious gemstone that belongs to the nine Navratnas. In Hindi, it is called Neelam stone, which means blue stone. This stone is one of the most valuable and powerful stones, with the energy of Lord Karma and Saturn, the educator. The color of this gemstone ranges from light to dark blue. However, it is important to note that this gemstone has both positive and negative impacts, making it necessary to consult an astrologer before wearing it. In this article, we will learn more about the properties of sapphire, the benefits of wearing it, its fashion usage, pricing, and tips on keeping your sapphire jewelry looking great.
Properties of Sapphire
It rates at 9 on the Mohs hardness scale, making it one of the hardest gemstones that can be worn daily. Astrologically, blue sapphires, also known as Neelam Ratna, are associated with truth, loyalty, joy, and wisdom. It is said that wearing this stone has changed the lives of people who have worn it, making it one of the best gifts that nature has provided to humankind.
Benefits of Blue Sapphire
The real blue sapphire has an instant effect on success, bringing rewards to your professional career. If you are running a business, it will grow, or you will get a promotion if you are in a job. The stone empowers and encourages you to fulfill your dreams by improving your ability to concentrate and focus on your goals. It removes all negative energies and fills your life with positive vibes.
If you are facing any major illness, wearing blue sapphire helps you to recover as fast as possible. It strengthens your immune system and increases your metabolism, eliminating many diseases and preventing them from occurring in your body. If you belong to the creative field, wearing this gemstone can increase your ability to think creatively, leading to innovative ideas for performing differently and uniquely every time. Especially if you are a writer, musician, singer, or painter, then this gemstone is a must-have. Wearing a blue sapphire ring or pendant can produce fantastic results.
Fashion and Blue Sapphire
Many fashionistas wear statement necklaces or earrings made with blue sapphire stones over the red carpet and magazine covers. These stones are usually fitted into platinum metal or white gold, giving them a magnificent appearance that enriches the aura of the wearer. If you choose to wear this gemstone jewelry, you can flaunt it on social media and gain a lot of attention from gemstone lovers, thereby becoming an influencer.
Pricing of Blue Sapphire
The price of a natural blue sapphire gemstone is determined by its durability, rarity, energy, and beauty. Four primary factors are considered when buying any gemstone, including color, clarity, cut, and carat weight. The color of the stone ranges from medium blue to dark blue, with the intense blue color being the most preferred. The higher the saturation level, the better the sapphire is. Clarity is another factor, and while natural gems always have some inclusions, too many impurities can drastically affect the stone’s price. The cut of the stone, which imparts shine and sheen, also affects the price. Lastly, the carat weight, which is also measured in Ratti on astrological grounds, plays a role in determining the stone’s price. A higher-carat stone typically grabs a higher price than a less-carat stone if all other value factors are the same.
Tips for Caring a Blue Sapphire
Sure, here are some tips for keeping your blue sapphire alive:
- Store your blue sapphire separately: To prevent scratches or damage, store your blue sapphire separately from your other jewelry. You can keep it in a soft cloth or a jewelry box.
- Keep it away from harsh chemicals: Blue sapphire is a hard gemstone, but it can still be damaged by harsh chemicals such as bleach, chlorine, and other cleaning agents. Be sure to remove your blue sapphire before cleaning or handling any chemicals.
- Clean it regularly: To maintain the shine and brilliance of your blue sapphire, clean it regularly using a soft cloth and mild soap. You can also use a cleaner specifically designed for gemstones.
- Protect it from extreme heat: Blue sapphires can be damaged by extreme heat, so avoid exposing your stone to high temperatures, such as in a hot tub or sauna.
- Avoid wearing it during physical activities: Blue sapphire is delicate and can be damaged during physical activities such as sports or exercise. It’s best to remove your gemstone before engaging in any strenuous activities.
- Have it inspected and serviced regularly: Regular inspections by a professional jeweler can help detect any potential problems with your blue sapphire. They can also provide maintenance services such as cleaning, polishing, and repairing any damage.
By following these tips, you can help ensure the longevity and beauty of your blue sapphire for years to come.
Photos from GoogleRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in