As an avid follower of fashion, I love browsing through prom dresses over the internet. And mind you, the sources can be overwhelming sometimes. With this, I would love to share a few dress ideas based on the following types: fabric and textile, design and structure, colors, and hues. I have chosen these categories to narrow down your requirements and needs in finding the right dress of your choice.
Fabric and Textile Of Prom Dresses
1. Chiffon = is a lightweight material that is a good choice especially if the dress calls for fluid drapings.
2. Silk = is a soft, glossy material that is trendy and timeless; it makes the dress appear majestic.
3. Tulle = a fine, net-like fabric ideal for pieces that are pretty dainty, delicate, and feminine.
Design and Structure Of Prom Dresses
1. Ball gown = nothing implies being regal than wearing a ball gown on prom night; it’s like making your fairy tales come true and you look every inch a princess with this.
2. Two-Piece = this style proves to be so versatile since you can play around with the neckline (ex. halter, off-shoulder, asymmetric) or the hemline (ex. with slit, mullet style).
3. Embellished = it’s like the accessory for the dress, be it with 3D appliqués, lace, beads, and embroidery. It surely adds intricate details to the clothing.
Colors and Hues
1. Metallics = these are usually colors that shimmer and shine. Just think about gold, silver, bronze, and rose gold. Well, it can also go well with other colors as long as there is a sheen to it. Metallic dresses will make you appear luxurious and extravagant.
2. Nude = a mixture of brown and white; opt for champagne, mauve, peach, beige, ivory, and cream.
3. Varying Shades = go bold with brights or color blocking, go for two-tone, or opt for a multi-color or gradient dress.
I hope you find these tips useful and may this help serve as guides in looking for 2022 prom dresses.
Photo credits: Google
By Fashion SageRecommended6 recommendationsPublished in