Korean glass skin is a beauty trend that originated in South Korea and has gained popularity worldwide. It refers to a clear, translucent, and radiant complexion that appears almost transparent, like glass. The key to achieving Korean glass skin is a consistent skincare routine that focuses on hydration, exfoliation, and brightening. This can include double cleansing, using toners, serums, and sheet masks, and applying a moisturizer with SPF.
In addition to skincare, makeup is also an essential factor in achieving the glass skin look. Using lightweight formulas, such as BB cream or tinted moisturizer, and highlighting products can help create a dewy, radiant effect. Overall, Korean glass skin is all about achieving a luminous, flawless complexion through skincare and makeup techniques.
TIPS TO FOLLOW TO ACHIEVE KOREAN GLASS SKIN
- Start with a good skincare routine. Cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize your skin regularly. i.e. Examples of DIY cleansers are Milk+Turmeric+Honey
- Add facial massage to your routine. Regular facial massage can help improve blood circulation and drainage, leaving your skin looking plump and healthy.
- Drink plenty of water. Keeping yourself hydrated helps flush out toxins from your body, which can positively affect your skin.
- Eat a balanced diet that’s rich in antioxidants and vitamins. Foods like leafy greens, nuts, and fruits can help promote healthy skin.
- Use natural face masks made from honey, yogurt, and aloe vera to nourish and hydrate your skin.
- Practice stress relief techniques like meditation and yoga. Stress can have a negative impact on your skin, so it’s important to take steps to manage it.
STEPS INCLUDE IN THE KOREAN SKINCARE ROUTINE
Double Cleanse: The first step is to remove makeup and oil-based impurities using an oil cleanser, followed by a foaming or water-based cleanser to remove any dirt and sweat.
Exfoliate: Koreans use gentle chemical exfoliants like AHA or BHA to remove dead skin cells and achieve a smooth, radiant complexion.
Toner: A toner is used to balance the pH of the skin and prepare it to absorb further skincare products.
Essence: This is a lightweight, watery product that contains active ingredients like hyaluronic acid, snail mucin, or fermented yeast that help to hydrate and nourish the skin
Serum: A serum contains a high concentration of active ingredients that target specific skin concerns like brightening or anti-aging.
Sheet Mask: A sheet mask is a hydrating and nourishing treatment that provides instant nourishment and hydration to the skin.
Eye Cream: The skin around the eyes is delicate and requires extra care, so Koreans use an eye cream to hydrate and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Moisturizer: A moisturizer is used to seal in hydration and prevent water loss by creating a protective barrier on the skin.
Sunscreen: Protection from damaging UVA/UVB rays is important, so Koreans use broad-spectrum sunscreen to avoid sun damage and dark spots.
Korean Glass Skin is a beauty trend that emphasizes hydrating the skin to achieve a translucent, dewy, and luminous look. The trend is inspired by the Korean skincare routine, which focuses on layering hydrating and nourishing products.
To achieve the Glass Skin look, it is recommended to follow a skincare routine that includes cleansing, toning, and moisturizing the skin, as well as exfoliating and applying serums regularly. The use of hydrating sheet masks and facial mists is also encouraged.
While the Glass Skin trend has gained popularity in recent years, it is important to note that achieving perfect skin is neither possible nor practical. Additionally, what works for one person may not work for another, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution for beauty.
Ultimately, the Korean Glass Skin trend is just one of the many ways in which people can take care of their skin and feel confident about their appearance.
Photo credit Pinterest
By Rida RajputRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in Bridal, Health, Our Fashion Passion, Skin Care