Credit of photo: Pinterest.
Before diving into this discussion. First, we have to know the followings;
> What a Facial is?
> What are the steps?
> How often should you have one?
> Pros and Cons.
A Facial is a family of skin care for the face, including steam, exfoliation, extraction, masks, and massage.
> STEPS DURING THE FACIAL.
1) Through Cleansing: It includes wiping the face with cotton, pad wipes, and sponges. To know about the skin type and issues.
2) Steaming: Through the machine, they use warm steam to soften the skin, for easy extraction.
3) Exfoliation: The removal of dead skin cells and built-up dirt from the skin’s surface.
4) Extraction: The removal of blackheads, and whiteheads needs a very harsh technique. Due to this reason, some patients want facials to be relaxing. So this step is optional.
Photo credit: Pinterest.
5) Facial Massage: The gentle massage of the face with hands by applying different types of lotions.
6) Mask: It can be any kind of mask a sheet, a clay, or maybe a cream mask.
7) Applying serums, moisturizers, and sunscreen.
> HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET A FACIAL?
Usually, the application of facial from time to time depends on many factors;
1) Skin Type And Condition:
> For normal and dry skin one should get a facial from 6-8 weeks.
> For oily, acne, and prone skin one should get a facial from 2-4 weeks.
> For sensitive type of skin without any other issues one should get a facial from 8-12 weeks.
2) Skin Goals:
> If one wants beautiful and younger skin one needs a skincare routine and regular visits for treatment.
> Having great skin requires commitment.
3) Skin Care Needs And Your Age:
> Our skin’s concerns change as we get old. Therefore skin care habits and our skincare needs change as well.
> Younger individuals often care about their skin breakout and others usually come to remove acne.
> Older individuals who now started wrinkles, and fine lines usually come for chemical peeling, laser, and energy base devices to left and tighten the skin.
4) Your Budget:
> It is the most important thing that you should look at in your budget. Because sometimes one invests so much but in return gets nothing.
> PROS AND CONS.
1. A properly done facial thoroughly clean your skin.
~ We need to remove all the dead cells, dirt, and comedones and breakout from our skin.
~ Extraction is the crucial part of the facial to remove the blackheads and whiteheads at home.
2. Facial regenerates and improves absorption of products ( this is the part of exfoliation).
3. Due to massage our skin improves blood circulation and helps relieves stress. Facial massage freshens your mood and reduces anxiety.
4. You get a facial you get an expert care.
1. Not all facial is the same unfortunately some may have a negative or even dangerous effect when done incorrectly or done with the wrong hands.
2. Some facials are not that much good they are not more than just clean and moisturizer.
3. The cost of a facial can outweigh the benefits.
~ If you have good skin without any issues or problems then it is not necessary but if you just want to try then it is also good.
~If you have serious skin issues or problems then I recommend to consult with your Dermatologist for good results.
Blog by J. Maddy.
Than you 😊Recommended1 recommendationPublished in