CHOKER NECKLACES ARE THE WAY TO SHARE YOUR UNIQUENESS!
Choker necklaces appear to be versatile, but they can also be challenging to wear and style with certain types of apparel. Most notably those with grandiose and extravagant patterns. Ladies can wear Choker necklaces in various ways, from glam to bohemian. Additionally, it comes in multiple shapes, fabrics, metals, designs, patterns, and colors that complement any fashion style. Lastly, Choker necklaces are now on the runways and worn by many celebrities. So, why not choose Choker necklaces for your special events.
Today’s article will look at a quick fashion history of Choker necklaces and how to properly wear your stunning Choker to add to your fashion statement.
A Quick Look Back at Choker’s History, Meanings, and Symbols
The Choker necklace has a long and illustrious history. Chokers were used in various styles and for multiple purposes during this period—chokers in 1798 during the French Revolution. In history stated, female French expatriates wore red ribbons around their necks as a gesture of their respect. It shows respect for those who died at the hands of the guillotine.
The first to be recognized wearing Chocker is Anne Boleyn of 1507-1536. Boleyn wears a choker necklace in artwork from the time. Among the main parts of her well-known chain were pearls and a pendant with the letter “B.” She wore it around her neck, and it was a hit.
Choker necklaces were once associated with prostitutes during the 1860s. On the other hand, despite their negative image, chokers were also worn by the Royals during the Victorian era. One evidence is that Queen Victoria wore a choker throughout her reign, as evidenced by paintings. Additionally, Princess Alexandra wore chokers.
Finally, Chokers were popular again in the 1990s, and many celebrities wore them. As a result, choker necklaces are becoming the talk of the town when it comes to spring and summer fashion. Chokers composed of thick chains, metal, stripes, gems, and pearls are all popular on catwalks.
How Should Choker Necklaces Be Worn?
- To wear a choker properly, pick a size, color, and style you like, then put it on and adjust it to fit your neck.
- Consider combining your Choker with longer necklaces and wear it with various outfits.
- Choose a material that will feel good against your neck and match your clothing.
- Chokers can range in length from close-fitting to long strands or strips, with a usual size of 16 inches. So first, choose your Choker’s length.
- Longer Chokers can be wrapped around your neck many times for a layered effect.
- Shorter Chokers can be worn alone or other necklaces for a more straightforward, minimalistic aesthetic.
- Before you go shopping for Chokers, remember to measure your neck.
- Choose a thin Choker made of natural materials or an essential chain for a more understated aesthetic.
- Choose a thicker, heavier style with more accent options to make a more remarkable statement.
- Metal Chokers of large sizes are a famous fashion statement. Ensure to complement it with the correct clothing.
- Choose a color that is either neutral or bold. Basic neutrals are more likely to go with more ensembles and provide you with more possibilities.
- Select your skin tone to determine which metals will look best on you. For example, silver jewelry appears best, while gold jewelry looks best on warm-toned skin.
- Chokers with a pendant, charm, or studded elements are good if you want something more ornamented.
The Best Choker Necklaces to Suit Your Style
I hope that this post encouraged our ladies to experiment with new Choker necklace designs and styles. Then, using our links, select your options and make your Choker fashion statement.
Author: JhofelizaRecommended6 recommendationsPublished in