One detail that we tend to forget when choosing our outfit is the fabric from which our garments is made. This is a detail that makes the difference between a nicely arranged outfit and a sloppy one.
Fabrics names are innumerable and if we are not passionate about this field, we do not have to remember them, but just know that there are four categories:
synthetic (nylon, polyester, spandex lycra, elastane, acrylic, etc.)
semi-synthetic (viscose, lenzing, acetate, modal, cupro, rayon, etc.)
natural from animal products (wool, silk, alpaca, mohair, cashmere)
natural from plants (cotton, bamboo, canvas, hemp)
Then to combine fabrics correctly we have a few more details to take into account.
Fabrics. Some tips on how to match diffrent
* Preferably do not mix fabrics of different categories.
* Take into account the rules of combining colors and prints. https://ourfashionpassion.com/the-perfect-color/
* We choose the fabric for our outfit depending on the purpose, the place, the mood we want to have, and the type of event we use it for. For example, we cannot use cotton or wool for an evening dress, nor can we wear a silk shirt when we go to the gym.
* We choose first a neutral texture from which we start to built the outfit later (ex: denim, cotton, leather). Then we add the other textures, which can stand out. The simpler the neutral texture is, the more the other textures can predominate.
* The fabrics may be contrasting, but they must still have certain similarities.
It would be preferable to wear clothing made of natural textures. These, in addition to the fact that they look better, last longer, keep us warm, respectively cool, and do not harm our health. Natural textiles are biodegradable and can be repainted or restyled much more easily. They are suitable for all skin types and can be washed in the washing machine.
Synthetic materials also have certain advantages. They are much cheaper, dry quickly, do not need to be ironed, and highlight better our body shapes.
Here more on how to dress each silhouette type https://ourfashionpassion.com/silhouette-types-and-tips/
Also, the textiles from which our everyday clothes are made, as well as their cuts, accessories, and colors, can influence our vibrational level. Natural textiles keep us closer to nature, and the more natural the final product is, the more energy it can attract and retain so that it can come into contact with our bodies, making us feel more energetic and full of joy
Photo Credit Pinterest
By Paula RaduRecommended2 recommendationsPublished in