Rice is a versatile ingredient that can be used for a variety of beauty treatments at home. Here are some homemade remedies using rice for beauty:
1. Rice water toner: Rice water is full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help improve skin balance and reduce infection. To make a rice water toner, wash ½ cup of rice and soak it in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes. Strain the liquid and store it in a clean bottle. Use a cotton pad to apply the toner to your face and neck after cleansing.
2. Rice flour face mask: Rice flour is also be used to make an amazing face mask. Mix 1 tablespoon of rice flour, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of milk to make a paste. Mix well and apply the mask to your face & neck and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and pat dry.
3. It stops anti-aging: Skin reduction is greatly improved, and flexibility is improved by using rice water, particularly in the case of dehydrated skin. Rice water is powerful in vitamins A, C, and E, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds. Moreover, it contains folic acid and allantois, which are most important for skin function.
4. It helps the skin on your body: It is used as a bath soak, take just two cups of rice water and add it to regular water that’s in your bath rub, and end up with a few drops of lavender essential oil. Soak for about half an hour to get the skin benefits of rice water all over the body.
5. Rice water used for Hair improvements: Another important reason to use rice water for hair is that it helps hair improvement, and you can also see the increase in short length. As the rice water helps protect the hair from damage, the hair remains healthy. The rice water’s protein boost to the hair helps it grow fast.
6. Rice and coconut oil hair mask: Rice water can also be used to nourish hair and develop growth. Mix ½ cup of rice water with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil mix well and apply it to your hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it with shampoo.
7. It is a common diet: In south India, Kanji, a fermented gruel made from rice water is part of the daily staple diet, especially among farmers and agriculturists. In the hot tropical summers, it prevents dehydration, replenishing lost nutrients and reducing chances of ailments. To prepare Kanji, cook a cup of rice in four cups of water. Once the rice is semi-cooked, strain out the water, add some salt if required, and drink up. It will be beneficial for the skin. Kanji can also be made from brown and red rice variants, depending on your taste and preference.
RESULT AND DISCUSSION: Rice water is not a miracle cure, but a slow, healing process. While you’ll see visible benefits using it for a few days or even weeks, to reap its real benefits means making a lifestyle change. It’ll need to be a part of your daily routine just as much as eating breakfast or brushing your teeth. Also, try to get certified organic white rice, since non-organic versions may have extensive traces of dirt, pollutants, bacteria, and pesticides that you are privy to, resulting in skin problems like eczema and so on. Since the product is homemade, it doesn’t contain preservatives. So you’ll need to keep an eye out for when it’s going bad and whip up a fresh batch every couple of days.
Written By: Falak NaziaRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in Skin Care