It can be hard to find the motivation to maintain your hairstyle when it’s cold and wet outside, but these seven hairstyles are sure to keep you looking stylish all winter long! .
The Low Ponytail
This winter, you should try out a low ponytail. The low ponytail is a simple, chic hairstyle that looks great on everyone and takes next to no effort to do. To get the look, make your hair as straight as possible and gather it up in the back of your head, then use an elastic to tie it off so that it hangs down your back.
The Top Knot
One of my favorite winter hairstyles is the top knot. It’s perfect for when you’re running late in the morning and don’t want to put too much effort into your hair. To do this style, simply tuck your hair up into a messy bun on the top of your head and secure it with bobby pins.
The Side Braid
This variation of the side braid will keep your hair away from your face. It’s perfect to wear when you’re running errands or just want to keep your hair out of the way.
The Sleek and Straight Look
1) Apply a heat protectant to your hair before blow-drying it with a round brush. Then, dry your hair from roots to ends until it’s about 80% dry. 2) Using the straightener and taking small sections at a time, straighten your hair one side at a time. Once you’ve done both sides of your head, flip it over and do the same thing on the other side. 3) Once you’re done with that, curl the last 20%. And voila! Sleek and Straight!
The Messy Bun
Wearing your hair in a messy bun is a great way to keep it off your face, but also keep it out of your way. It’s not too fancy, but still really cute. To do this hairstyle, start by pulling all your hair up into a ponytail at the crown of your head. Secure with an elastic band and release the pony let from the base. Next, take two pieces of hair from either side and wrap them over and around the base before tucking them under the elastic band.
The Headband Style
1) First, put your hair in a low ponytail or bun. This will give you a base to work with and make things easier. 2) Pull the band over the top of the ponytail/bun so that it is right at the nape of your neck.
3) Take two small sections on either side of the headband and pin them back so they won’t interfere with it going on top of the hairstyle.
4) Take one more small strand from each side and pin them back too if desired. 5) You’re now ready to go ahead and slide the headband over the base of your hair, letting it rest against your head like a headband would be worn in wintertime.
6) Secure it with bobby pins if necessary, but most people find that just sliding it on is enough because there’s not much movement as you move around!
The Half Up, Half Down Style
This hairstyle is a great way to show off your long hair and keep it out of your face. Plus, it’s perfect for those mornings you don’t have time to do anything else but brush your hair, throw it up in a bun and head out the door. Simply take all of your hair, from the top of your head down, and divide it into two sections by making sure one side hangs over the other.
Image credit: Getty ImagesRecommended1 recommendationPublished in