Acne and pimple are the greatest concern for girls having oily or acne-prone skin. There are different types of pimples. First, let’s have a look at them. Then let’s take a look at my tips to help those who suffer from this problem.
1. MILD ACNE: these include blackheads and whiteheads which are usually the combination of dead skin cells, oil, and sebum that clog the hair follicles that appear on the skin as black dots usually on the t-zone area.
2. PUSTULE/PAPULES: these are the most common type of acne. Pustules are red swollen bump that appears on the skin with pus-filled in them. They usually occur as a result of fungal infection.
3. NODULE: these are the severe type of acne that develops under your skin, it is the hard lump that is beneath your skin and starts to turn red with increased inflammation.
4. CYSTIC ACNE: these are not so common but people having skin infection does have these. They are painful pus-filled pimples large in size. They are inflamed and infectious deep down the skin. They need proper treatment.
Let’s cut the introduction short, and learn some tips to take care of acne-prone skin to get rid of this problem one by one.
1. WASHING YOUR FACE DAILY AT NIGHT
Never go to sleep without washing your face. Try to take off your makeup before going to bed. It will remove the dirt, and oil from the skin so that your pore will not get clogged. There are different type of face washes available for acne prone which includes ingredients like salicylic acid, AHA, and BHA which helps in preventing acne.
2. EXFOLIATE YOUR SKIN
Exfoliating your skin is one of the best tips for acne-prone skin. There are 2 types of exfoliators.
PHYSICAL EXFOLIATER: they manually remove dirt and dead skin cells. They are made up of small granules that help in ripping off the upper layer of skin.
CHEMICAL EXFOLIATOR: they are made up of different type of chemical ingredients that sinks into the skin cleaning up the dirt and other small particles that are stuck in the pore. They are made up of AHA (alpha hydroxyl acids) and BHA (beta hydroxyl acids).
AHA and BHA are chemicals that exfoliate and help in removing dead skin cells from the top layer of the skin without being harsh to it. Exfoliating the skin once a week helps in adding a natural glow to the skin and prevents acne.
3. DRINK LOTS OF WATER
Drinking water has so many benefits that we are usually unaware of. Not having proper hydration is one of the reasons behind acne. Keeping your body hydrated means hydrated skin. One of the most common mistakes people do is thinking more the oil more the acne but it is not the case dry skin triggers excess oil production which results in acne. Hence always keep yourself hydrated for a toxin-free body.
4. EXERCISE DAILY
Doing exercise daily is not only good for your physical appearance but also helps in regulating your sugar level, and blood circulation, promotes skin collagen, regenerate new skin cell, and helps in improving your health and fitness. It will add glow to your skin. So, get up what are you waiting for?
5. USE OF SUNSCREEN FOR ACNE-PRONE SKIN
People often don’t know the importance of sunscreen in their daily life. Sunscreen is not only used before going outside rather it should be applied inside the house too. The most common perception of people with oily skin is that they feel that sunscreen makes their skin oily which will cause a breakout. Hence sunscreen is important for every skin type, whether oily or dry.
Try these tips and thank me later.
By Ramsha AminRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in