If you’re looking to switch up your hairstyle, look no further than a French braid! This classic style is timeless and can be used to create a variety of looks. In this blog post, we’ll discuss three ways you can up your French braid game and take your look to the next level. So grab your hairbrush and let’s get braiding!
1) The Basic Braid
The classic French braid is a beautiful, timeless look that can be dressed up or down. To get the perfect French braid, you’ll need to know the basics.
Start by sectioning your hair into three equal parts. Cross over the center with the left side. Then the right section should be taken and crossed across the center. Keep repeating this process until you have reached your desired length.
To make your French braid look thicker and more voluminous, you can try weaving in small strands of hair as you go along. To do this, take a small strand of hair from the side of your head and add it to the section you are crossing before you cross it over. This will give your French braid a fuller, more intricate look.
If you want to spice up your French braid, even more, you can add a few simple accessories. Hairpins, clips, or bows can be strategically placed at different points in your braid to create a unique look. Adding colorful or glittery accessories can help give your braid some extra style and pizzazz.
The basic French braid may seem intimidating at first, but with a little practice and creativity, you can master the look. It’s a great way to take any hairstyle from ordinary to extraordinary!
2) The Waterfall Braid
The waterfall braid is one of the most beautiful and intricate braids out there. It’s perfect for special occasions, or to dress up an everyday look. The best part is that it’s not as hard as it looks! Here’s how you can create a stunning waterfall braid:
- Start with clean, dry hair. If you’re starting with damp hair, make sure to brush it out completely before beginning.
- Divide your hair into two sections; the top section should be slightly bigger than the bottom. Secure the bottom section with a hair tie.
- Create a normal three-strand braid in the top section, using small sections of hair. When you reach the end, secure the braid with another hair tie.
- Take the bottom section and gently tug at the edges to loosen it. This will help to create the waterfall effect.
- Then, start adding strands of hair from the top section of your head to the braid. Take small sections, about two inches in length, and carefully add them in as you braid downwards. When you get to the end of the bottom section, secure it with a hair tie.
- Finally, pull and tug at the braid to give it a more voluminous and wispy look. You can also use hairspray or texturizing spray to hold your style in place.
You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to master the waterfall braid! With just a few simple steps, you can have a beautiful and stylish look that’s perfect for any occasion. Give it a try today and show off your new look!
3) The Fishtail Braid
The fishtail braid is a great way to add a unique twist to the classic French braid. This two-strand braid is easier to learn than it looks, and once you’ve mastered it, you can take it to the next level by adding more strands. Here’s how to get started:
- Start with dry, clean hair and divide it into two sections. Gather a small piece from one side and cross it over to the other side.
- Take a small piece from the opposite side and cross it over to the first side.
- Repeat these steps until you have reached the end of your hair. Secure with a hair tie or clip.
- To add more strands, pick up a small piece of hair from one section and bring it over to the other section. Take a small piece from the opposite side and cross it over to the first side.
- Repeat this process until you’ve reached your desired number of strands. Secure with a hair tie or clip and you’re done!
With a few simple steps, you can easily upgrade your French braid into something extra special. Give it a try and let us know how it goes!
Image Credit: Getty Images