Most Talked-off Red Carpet Looks: Consistently delivering jaw-dropping red carpet moments over the years is the Met Gala, often referred to as fashion’s biggest night. In this article, we will discuss the 11 most talked-about red carpet looks from the Met Gala in 2021, 2022, and 2023.
2021 Met Gala: “In America: A Lexicon of Fashion”: Most Talked-off Red Carpet Looks
Making a statement that will be remembered in 2021 is Rihanna stunning in a voluminous Balenciaga black gown, complete with an oversized ruffled collar and matching cap.
2. Billie Eilish:
Channeling Old Hollywood glam while making a powerful statement about body positivity was the moment Billie embraced Marilyn Monroe with a peach Oscar de la Renta ballgown.
3. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez:
Discussions on class and wealth inequality were ignited after AOC’s political statement dress by Brother Vellies, with “Tax the Rich” printed across the back.
2022 Met Gala: “In America: An Anthology of Fashion”: Most Talked-off Red Carpet Looks
Lil Nas X: With a jaw-dropping three-part Versace look, Lil Nas turned heads. The outfit included a regal cape, gold glamour, and glittering catsuit.
- Kim Kardashian: In a daring Balenciaga bodysuit, gloves, and face mask, Kim Kardashian pushed the boundaries of fashion with this minimalist yet memorable look.
- Rihanna: In 2022, Rihanna returned to the Met Gala rocking a dramatic Fenty dress with a voluminous ruffled collar and an extravagant headpiece that cemented her among fashion icons.
2023 Met Gala: “In America: A Fashion Fairy Tale”: Most Talked-off Red Carpet Looks
- Zendaya: A fairytale moment that captivated everyone’s attention was created when Cinderella was paid homage by Zendaya in a glowing Tommy Hilfiger ballgown that lit up like magic.
- Billy Porter: With a black and white Thom Browne outfit, complete with a voluminous skirt, oversized bowtie, and stunning headdress, Porter made a powerful statement.
- Timothee Chalamet: With an avant-garde Rick Owens suit that defied conventional menswear norms and showcased his fearless style, Timothee took a bold fashion leap.
- Lady Gaga: Known for her Met Gala extravaganzas, Lady Gaga wore a Viktor & Rolf creation featuring an oversized pink bow and a tiered tulle skirt, reminiscent of a larger-than-life gift.
- Kendall Jenner: In a stunning Givenchy gown adorned with intricate beadwork and feathers Kendall turned heads.
- Boundaries can be pushed at the Met Gala which is a playground for celebrities and designers. The red carpet looks from 2021, 2022, and 2023 showcased both creativity and the ever-evolving landscape of fashion.
EXCLUSIVELY WRITTEN BY ALEX MUNENERecommend0 recommendationsPublished in